Jamie Lama


Info about Super Mario Bros

History of Super Mario Bros:

Super Mario Bros is a 1985 platform video game internally developed by Nintendo R&D4 and published by Nintendo as a pseudo-sequel to the 1983 game Mario Bros. In Super Mario Bros., the player controls Mario and in a two-player game, a second player controls Mario's brother Luigi as he travels through the Mushroom Kingdom in order to rescue Princess Toadstool from the antagonist King Koopa aka Bowser in order to stop his ultimate goals are to marry Princess Peach, defeat Mario, and conquer the Mushroom Kingdom.

The player controls Mario throughout the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario's abilities can be changed by picking up certain items; for example, Mario is able to shoot fireballs if he picks up a Fire Flower. The player moves from the left side of the screen to the right side in order to reach the flag pole at the end of each level. The game world has coins scattered around it for Mario to collect, and special bricks marked with a question mark ("?"), which when hit from below by Mario, may reveal more coins or a special item.


Why I chose Super Mario Bros:
I actually don’t like Mario in general, he’s so overrated and he’s gets the girl in every game, poor Luigi barley gets anything in the game. Super Mario Bros is a popular game around Japan and America for its success of many sequels, spin-offs, crossover with other Nintendo characters like Mega Man and comic books.

Why I chose to cross Super Mario Bros with The Evil Within:
In most places, Super Mario Bros is considered a violent game due to stomping on enemies heads and kicking turtle shells into enemies. There’s no gore or blood in the games but the feeling of getting squished is rather evil if you ask me. So I thought to myself maybe the game should have extreme violence and gore so I crossed it with the 2014 third-person survival horror game, The Evil Within. The Evil Within centres on protagonist Sebastian Castellanos as he is pulled through a distorted world full of nightmarish locations and horrid creatures. The game is directed by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami. I thought it would be a good and scary idea for a crossover.

Idea number 1:
My first idea is to use Bullet Bill and remove the face and give it an eyeball instead. It will also be wrapped around barbed wire. It will use the same functions as Bullet Bill, it will be fired as a projectile but it can also explode upon death and can use barb wire to whip the player to death.

Idea number 2:
My second idea is to use the Shy Guy and remove his lower body but keep his upper body. The Undertaker’s symbol will be impaled on the eye socket and act like a sacrifice. It will be a mobile enemy with the ability to float through mist and darkness making it hard to see.

Idea number 3:
My third and final design is the Chain Chomp enemy type that will no longer resemble a ball chain, it will be a monsters mouth with an eyeball inside attach to barb wire. I will be a ground enemy and it will attack if anyone is underneath it.



My project creation is a combination of Bullet Bill from Super Mario Bros and a bunch of horror related games and I must create my object in 3D Max.

Object creation progress:




I started sketching 3 ideas that I thought that they would work in my sketchbook. 1ST one was “The Eye of Sorrow” which has the body of Bullet Bill but I’ve removed the face and arms and insert an eyeball instead. This would be my final project idea because I thought it would work. 2nd idea was an Eyeball on the Undertaker’s symbol, which looked quiet sinister and evil and my last one, is like a grappling hook of some sort with and Eyeball instead of a hook. I just went to do my 1st idea as a lot of people said it was quiet cool looking so I started on it. Starting my Eyeball design on 3D Max and I used all sorts of tools like cylinder; sphere and I’ve used different materials like cool effects and stuff.


Was it successful?
Some people though it was quiet cool but my lecture though it look like a boob lol, which is true. In my opinion I think it looks quiet cool I guess, I mean the background with my image creation looks like it actually fits in the game so yeah I would say my creation is very successful.

What did people though?
My final project was okay, I mean it’s not the greatest but it I’ll do but a lot of people say it looked quiet menacing and scary looking. Most people said they liked the red eyeball instead of the orange eyeball, which I did though adding in the red eyeball, but I didn’t have much to change it.


Comments

Popular Posts