NC Arts and Animation 3D Object Design Martin Quinn


3D Object Design Brief 3 report



This is my report on my 3d object design. The design itself in appearance is based off of the thistle plant. Its purpose is to be a power up in the super Mario games which would allow Mario to grab and pull enemies to him. Once I knew which design I was going to carry forward I began to create it using 3d max.

Object creation progress
Creating the body didn’t take much effort and was fairly simple compare to creating the roots. The creation of the roots consumed most of my time as it took the longest to develop it to a point where I was happy with its design. The roots at first looked rigid and stiff which wasn’t what I wanted at all but I kept them there just in case I wasn’t able to make it look more flexible. After a few try’s with the nurbs curve tool I achieve my desired look for the roots now I just had to increase the size of the roots copy and paste the best one and then change how each were bent and I was done.

 Was it successful?
In my opinion I think the design was successful I achieved what I wanted with almost no deviation from my plan for it. I could have played around with-it a bit more, for example the purple triangles that represent the purple bits of the thistle. I did feel like they could have been greatly improved but since I had to create the roots, which took longer than I thought it, would to get it to look right. I felt that the Purple bits would look fine as it was.




What people thought:     

Jamie
Jaime thought that the design was pretty good although it could have a better makeover because the simple colours make it look bland. To improve this it could use a greater variety of colours and maybe some other features. He did like the design but thought I could spice it up a little.

 Kieran
Kieran thought the design was successful because it looks as though it has taken a lot of time to make and come up with. Its also seems as though it would fit very well within the game Mario. The design is very nice and looks like a Scottish thistle. The design could be a little smoother around the edges but apart from that one flaw it is a very good design and not much can be done to improve it.  

Jason
Jason thought it was successful since it is an object that looks like it could appear in a game and it also has a very useful ability that could appear in a game and it also has a very useful ability that could come in handy. The only thing that should be improved is the appearance of the spike to make it look like a thistle but other than it is successful.

Comments

Popular Posts