Aron McLevy - Pokemon Belt

Pokemon belt
After creating some initial ideas using sketches as creativity, I decided that most of my ideas wouldn’t have a purpose and would merely just exist within the game, but I wanted something that could possibly change the way the characters are portrayed and change the way they battle their pokemon

For my object design I have chosen to incorporate it with the classic pokemon games and anime. It is a very functional design as it solves the problem of pokemon trainers having to carry all their pokeballs around with them as they travel the pokemon world.

In my opinion I feel the pokemon belt was very successful, I had a few inputs by my fellow classmates and got really good feedback. All 3 inputs said it would be very successful if placed within the game, they also said it should be a bit more detailed and there should be a design on the body of the belt.

Although this is good feedback, I disagree with the opinion that there should be more design because the game is very simple and non-detailed therefor If I was to add more detail and designs to the belt it would look too busy and too detailed.

After realising that my belt was just like a band and could me work anywhere on the body instead of only being a belt, I decided to make the belt wearable as a sachet, a bracelet and a chain which wouldn’t be much use as the proportions of the pokeballs would be incorrect.

I learned how to create my object through tutorials shown in class and out of college learning on youtube. I feel that after this class I have gained many new skills in 3DS Max. I feel that I can develop my ideas in a new inventive way. I plan on using these skills on the HND course next year and through to University when I get there. 

Comments

Popular Posts